My Photo
Name:
Location: arkansas(and proud of it), United States

57 years young,and I learn something new everyday.

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Blueberry Cake recipe.


Blueberry Cake
1 cup +1 teaspoon all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 stick unsalted butter
1 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
2 large eggs
2 cups blueberries (may use frozen) or mix
raspberries and blueberries.
1 teaspoon lemon juice (I omitted this)
confectioners sugar

Preheat oven to 350.You can use a spring form pan or a 9 inch round cake pan greased and floured.
I used a bunte pan and bakers secret.
Cream butter and sugar and vanilla until fluffy.Add eggs one at a time,beat well.Reduce mixer
and slowly add flour and dry ingredients. Batter will be thick!!! Beat untill smooth. With a
spoon stir in berries.Gently pour into cake pan.I had to scrape and pack mine into pan LOL
Bake for 1 hour.This is what the recipe says. I tested mine at 45 minutes and it was done.
Cool about 10 minutes in the pan. Then turn onto cake plate and sprinkle with confectioners
sugar. I doubled the recipe for this cake. It wasn't big enough for our blueberry eating crowd.

1 Comments:

Blogger Linds said...

Thanks, Donna! I am going to try this for sure.

July 25, 2008 at 12:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home